SP Children’s™ Immune is a chewable supplement for kids ages 4 and older that delivers key nutrients for proper immune system functioning and development.*
- Supports the immune system*
- Contains prebiotic 2’-FL and bovine colostrum
- Made from whole food-based ingredients
- Draws flavor from organic ingredients: elderberry and whole strawberry
- Is an excellent source of vitamin D, zinc, and antioxidant vitamin C
The immune system is responsible for keeping out foreign substances, protecting the body, and helping maintain wellness through a person’s lifespan. When nutrition is poor, a healthy immune response can be compromised.1 On the other hand, consuming adequate amounts of essential nutrients is crucial to the immune response’s function and development.1 Fortunately, SP Children’s™ Immune is designed for everyday support to encourage a lifetime of wellness.
Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc: Where Immune Systems Get Their Strength
Vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc are vitally important for the immune system throughout all life stages, including childhood.1 SP Children’s™ Immune is an excellent source of all three.
- Children need Vitamin C for a functioning immune system2
Vitamin D is a regulator of immune function1
Zinc is an essential mineral for immune system function3
Contains Prebiotic 2’-FL and Colostrum
The largest immune organ in the body is the GI tract. That’s why SP Children’s™ Immune contains important ingredients that may support the gut and may contribute to a healthy immune system response*:
- 2’-FL, a prebiotic first identified in human milk, is able to reach the lower GI tract4-9 where it is broken down to feed the growth of beneficial microbes6-11*^
- Bovine colostrum is sourced from a whole food (cow’s milk) and supports a normal healthy immune response in the GI tract12
^To date, shown in multiple animal studies, infants, and one adult human study.
Made Safe and Effective for Children
In a taste and tolerance study, SP Children's™ Immune was considered safe and well-tolerated by children between 4 to 17 years old. No indications of adverse effects were observed.
Like all Standard Process products, SP Children's™ Immune is subject to a rigorous quality control program. Our scientists run as many as 2,000 tests every week on raw materials, in-process product batches, and finished products so that we can be sure what is in the bottle reflects what is on the label.
Frequently Asked Questions
Throughout a person’s lifespan, the immune system is responsible for keeping out foreign substances and protecting the body. Though it is often thought of as a singular system, it actually consists of two separate sub-systems: innate immunity, and adaptive immunity.
The average, properly trained adult immune system has fully developed tolerance. Because children have naive adaptive immune systems, they tend to rely more on their innate system (which is often fully functional by two years of age) than an average adult.
Following initial innate responses, the fragments left from an environmental challenge are then presented to the adaptive immune system cells to ultimately develop long-lasting memory. Ensuring the proper concentration of macro- and micronutrients is critical for a child’s health and prepares the child’s immune system for future encounters.
Visit WholisticMatters.com for more information.
The chewable format is specific to children 4 and older, and the nutrient amounts delivered are targeted for children between the ages of 4 and 17.
While this product is formulated for children’s immune systems, yes, an adult could take this product.
This product contains dairy (cow’s milk) and strawberries.
The dairy in the product comes from the colostrum ingredient, which is produced by cows on the first day of milking. It is a naturally occurring source of immunoglobulins.
SP Children’s™ Immune contains 2’-FL, which is the functional prebiotic (“working” prebiotic) and is also considered a sugar. There is no high-fructose corn syrup added as a sweetener. The product draws from organic, whole food ingredients — elderberry and strawberry — to give it a sweeter flavor.
Yes. This product contains no genetically modified-ingredients.
1. Calder PC. Proc Nutr Soc. 2013 Aug;72(3):299-309. doi: 10.1017/ S0029665113001286.
2. Maggini S, Wenzlaff S, Hornig D. Journal of International Medical Research. 2010;38(2):386-414. doi: 10.1177/147323001003800203.
3. Shankar AH, Prasad AS. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 1998;68(2 Suppl):447s-63s. Epub 1998/08/13. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/68.2.447S. PubMed PMID: 9701160.
4. Milani C, Duranti S, Bottacini F, Casey E, Turroni F, Mahony J, et al. MMBR. 2017;81(4):e00036-17. doi: 10.1128/MMBR.00036-17.
5. Underwood MA, Gaerlan S, De Leoz MLA, Dimapasoc L, Kalanetra KM, Lemay DG, et al. 2015;78(6):670.
6. Elison E, Vigsnaes LK, Rindom Krogsgaard L, Rasmussen J, Sorensen N, McConnell B, et al. 2016;116(8):1356-68. Epub 2016/10/22. doi: 10.1017/ S0007114516003354.
7. Iribarren C, Törnblom H, Aziz I, Magnusson MK, Sundin J, Vigsnæs LK, et al. 2019;156(6):S-242. doi: 10.1016/S0016-5085(19)37409-8.
8. Bai Y, Tao J, Zhou J, Fan Q, Liu M, Hu Y, et al. 2018;3(6):e00206-18. doi: 10.1128/ mSystems.00206-18.
9. Sela DA, Mills DA. 2010;18(7):298-307. Epub 04/19. doi: 10.1016/j. tim.2010.03.008.
10. Matsuki T, Yahagi K, Mori H, Matsumoto H, Hara T, Tajima S, et al. 2016;7:11939-. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11939.
11. Asakuma S, Hatakeyama E, Urashima T, Yoshida E, Katayama T, Yamamoto K, et al. J Biol Chem. 2011;286(40):34583-92. Epub 08/09. doi: 10.1074/jbc. M111.248138.
12. Lefranc M-P, Lefranc G. 2001. Academic Press; 2001.